Image above retrieved from Dewalt's website
- The mitre saw features a sharp, high-speed, rotating blade. As such, be very careful during operation and ensure it is off whenever you are not using the tool.
- Clamp your workpiece before cutting
- Due to the high-speed of the blade, wood chips can be generated. Please use eye protection during operation of this tool.
- Any rotating object can catch on loose materials like sleeves, hair, or gloves. It is particularly common to forget to remove gloves while using this tool, which can result in a very serious injury known as an avulsion, or degloving. Please ensure you remove gloves and any loose jewlery, and you secure any loose clothing/hair prior to use.
- Given the high-speed/torque of this equipment, lab staff must be present before using the mitre saw.